Hi there.

I have a 45 Commander with DD 8v71s.  Does anyone know what Brand, and gear ratio was installed.  I have a set of Allison M15R and M15L, 1:5 ratio that I was hoping to be able to use.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robert,

The 45 Commander used an Allison behind the 8V71s. Reduction  ratio is 2:1.

The M15 would be at the hp limit of your 8V71s. I think your boat has the M17. I do know the 55 Commanders with the 8V71TI used an M20.

Hi Ron

Thanks for your input.  So you are saying that my boat should have Allison's in it.  Do you know if the rotation is set in the drives or the engine.  The M15 are M15R and M15L.  (My boat is a 1000 miles away, so I cant get the numbers off of them right now.

The engines and drives took on water in my boat, but I could go through the drives, if that is the better option.  My plan is to have fully rebuilt engines and drives ready, so that when I remove mine, I can just install new in one swoop.

Robert ,

Correction, I think your transmissions are M20s. Your engines should be standard rotation and the Left hand and right hand transmissions corrected for proper propeller rotation.

I am sort of doing a swag on this as I am much more familiar with the 47 8V53/ TD506 combinations. I really would strongly recommend to get the engine and transmission tag information. The only reason I suggest this is that it is the only way to verify exactly what you have/had in your boat. There is theoretical and then there is reality. 45 yr. plus boats have the potential of surprises. Now is the time to uncover as many surprises as possible.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

6th Annual CCCC Photo Contest Winners

1st Place: Mark Struebing, Michigan USA       Model:  1969 35 Sports Cruiser

2nd Place:   Kristian & Jacqueline, Illinois, US             Model:  1967 27' Commander Custom

3rd place:  Dawn Stone, Michigan, US                     Model:  1970 55' Commander

SuperDisc 15.0 and Resource Collection 5.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 15.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 15.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 15.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 14.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 5.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 5.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 193 folders and 2,697 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc15.0 and/or Resource Collection 5.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4400 members in 2020.

To order now click here!

© 2021   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service