I am close to purchasing a boat with Hull No. CCHJE0610972.  It appears to be a 1972.  How can I determine the model name/designation?

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A picture would be easier  

That sounds like the number someone added to the stern of my boat, a government-issued number of some sort.  There should be a number on a brass plate on your engine hatch, or stamped into the wood in the bilge below the engines, or maybe in the forward anchor locker.  That would be the original hull number that will tell what boat you have.

That's an official HIN put on boat starting in 1972. There's probably still a Chris Craft hull number like your describing 

Scott Miller said:

That sounds like the number someone added to the stern of my boat, a government-issued number of some sort.  There should be a number on a brass plate on your engine hatch, or stamped into the wood in the bilge below the engines, or maybe in the forward anchor locker.  That would be the original hull number that will tell what boat you have.

Mike H said:

That's an official HIN put on boat starting in 1972. There's probably still a Chris Craft hull number like your describing 

Scott Miller said:

Attached is a photo of the boat in question.port%20side.jpg

Appears to be a 28.  They are nice boat and not a lot of them made.

https://commanderclub.com/page/28-sports-express

I like! Is that a Ray hunt design? Bet she will fly with 330 Cummins!! Great project. I have a 17.5 Hydro Sport I want to customize once I recover from downsizing my shop and organizing 40 years of tools.

CCH is a legit Hull ID number. 2nd Gen boats. Built By Murray Chris Craft after Chris Craft Sold the co. Here's your answer

UsedHINCCHJE0610972IsValidYes - Integrity Check PassedHINTypeStraightYearSerialNoJE061Year1972

IsStateIssuedNoCompanyMurray Chris CraftCompanyStatusOut of BusinessCompanyAddressHolland Mi 100 Analine Ave

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

6th Annual CCCC Photo Contest Winners

1st Place: Mark Struebing, Michigan USA       Model:  1969 35 Sports Cruiser

2nd Place:   Kristian & Jacqueline, Illinois, US             Model:  1967 27' Commander Custom

3rd place:  Dawn Stone, Michigan, US                     Model:  1970 55' Commander

SuperDisc 15.0 and Resource Collection 5.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 15.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 15.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 15.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 14.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 5.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 5.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 193 folders and 2,697 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc15.0 and/or Resource Collection 5.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4400 members in 2020.

To order now click here!

© 2020   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service