Number of hulls built: 542
Length x Beam: 31' 0" x 11' 3"
Draft / Weight: 28" / 8,175 lbs
The original factory specification 31' Commander had a soft top. However, most boats sold were equipped with the optional hard top or the optional flybridge.
This is the most popular Commander in terms of numbers built. In addition to the 542 hulls built in the US there were also an unknown number built in Europe (Italy) where production continued even after the model was discontinued in the US.
The last hull number in USA was FXA-31-5082. A 31' Commander in Switzerland (yes, that's right!) has the hull number FXB-6136-2. Another one in Sweden carries the number FXA.31.8020. If the Italian hull number logic was the same as the American one this would indicate that production went on until 1975. This is, however, not verified.
- Floor plan:
- Check Photo Library More photos of this model
- Maintenance & repairs: CCCC SuperDisk
- Assorted free manuals: Check our Library
- Buy a Commander like this: Check the Classified Pages
- Sister model: 31' Sports Express 31' Sedan
- 31 Commander owner David & Linda DiSesa featured in our Member Spotlight
- 31 Commander owner Ted & Lana Schnitz featured in our Member Spotlight.
- 1966 31 Commander Popular Boating Test December 1965