Number of hulls built: 191
Length x Beam: 42' 0" x 13' 0"
Draft / Weight: 38" / 22,443 - 25,621 lbs
Together with the 41' Commander this is the most compact true double cabin Commander. There is a separate cabin aft and another separate forward cabin, each with an adjoining head, the aft one also has a shower.
This model was sold with a soft top which makes it the largest Commander available with a open cockpit. As is evident from the photos it was also available with a hard top dog house.
A distinctive difference compared to other Commanders with hard top is that some adults will not have enough headroom under the hard top to stand up apart from the immediately behind the helm where there is a small well to put your feet in. On the other hand there is ample headroom in the cabin and in the below deck gangway between the salon and the aft cabin.
- Floor plan:
- Check Photo Library More photos of this model
- Maintenance & repairs: CCCC SuperDisk
- Assorted free manuals: Check our Library
- Buy a Commander like this:Check the Classified Pages
- Sister model: 42' Sports Cruiser 42' Tournament Sportfish
- 42 Commander owner Chris & Beth Benedict featured in our Member Spotlight
- 42 Commander owner John & Fran Rose featured in our Member Spotlight