Tired of searching for that special part or service? Look no further! The CCCC keeps a list of suppliers who provide hard-to-find parts and services. Easy to find "Big Names" like West Marine or Boat U.S. are not included in this list.
Remember: If you don't find what you need in these links, please ask (or share your knowledge with) the members at the Club's discussion forum. Easy; free registration required to post.
Please report dead links, additions or corrections by adding a comment in the comment field at the very end of the list below.
Suppliers of Hard to Find Parts
Sales and Service - www.chrisparts.com
Formerly owned by ex-Chris-Craft employees (Jim Wick and Bob Bothum) who love the boats and enthusiastically support the Commander Club's mission. New owner, club member John Scherzinger of Appleton, Wisconsin. Flags, Hardware (stanchion bases and more), Nameplates, Portlights & Doors, Step Pads, Switches, Vents, Moldings, Rudders/Struts. If you don't see it on the website, call and ask.
Marine Sales and Equipment - http://www.marine-sales.com/
Earl Stilson (Earl the Pearl) has new and used marine engines, parts, equipment for all kinds of Chris Craft boats. The website does not do the place justice. Rare and obsolete is their specialty. Best to call or e-mail them. Phone: (586) 468-0937: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Henkel, Sales - http://www.chris-craft-parts.com/
We have a great collection of antique Chris-Craft marine engines, hardware, instruments and other old-boat items.We specialize in hard-to-find marine engines and parts, and often we can help you locate that particular exhaust elbow or running light or complete ENGINE to keep your antique wooden motorboat in top condition. We have served the old Chris-Craft community for over 30 years.
Yankee Girl Boatworks - http://www.chriscraftone.com
Chuck Grewe claims to have the world's largest selection of original antique and classic boat parts, gauges and marine engines.
Harpur's Marine http://www.harpursmarine.com/Catalog.asp
Suppliers of Chris-Craft parts with over 50 years of history. Steve recommends for water pump rebuild.
Hundley Boat Company - http://www.hundleyboatcompany.com/index.html
Antique & Classic Chris Craft Boats & Boat Parts, Wooden Boat Building Restoration & Repair , Nameplates, Hardware , Instruments, Engines & Engine Parts , Scuppers & Other Parts. In business since 1927.
Buck Algonquin Co., Inc. Marine Hardware - http://www.buckalgonquin.com
Deck Hardware, Drive Train Parts, Exhaust Fittings, Hose & Clamps, Plumbing & Fittings, Shafting & Accessories, Steering Hardware, Strainers, Thru Hulls, Valves, Miscellaneous Marine Hardware
Classic Boat Hardware - http://www.classicboathardware.com/
Specializing in deck hardware for classic wooden boats from 1900 to 1967,
including steering wheels, vents, gauges, windshields, props, bow lights, gas caps,
gas cap chains, chocks, cleats and used motor parts. Joel Lemanski.
Classic Boat Connection http://www.classicboatconnection.com/
Carries a full line of restoration supplies. Includes Reed&Prince (Frearson) Silicon Bronze Screws, Chrome Screws, Statutory Bronze Screws, Frearson Drill Bits. http://www.classicboatconnection.com/boat_supply_catalog.html
Marine Connection Liquidators - http://www.themarineconnection.net/
In business for over 25 years, The Marine Connection Liquidators has become The World’s largest supplier of new surplus marine supplies. With over 30,000 square feet indoors and 10 acres outdoors we have an enormous inventory of boat parts and boating supplies from top manufacturers. From the everyday basics to those hard to find items, we carry it all! . Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will be glad to help you find what you need. Recommended by Byron Smith
Obsolete Parts and Equipment 513-731-4134
Specializing in hard to find auto-indust – ag –marine parts
287 Blue Grass Lane Cincinnati, OH 45237
DeNeal (Neal) Gottesman
Fine Wood Boats http://finewoodboats.com/ They do have some parts for some Commanders like the bow pole that fits into the light.
Algonac Marine Cast http://www.algonaccast.com/cast-products/catalog-worksheets/Struts, rudders, exhaust parts, windshield components, hinges and more.
Chris Craft Boats and Parts Room
https://www.facebook.com/groups/186468648390782/ This page is for Chris Craft enthusiasts to list boats and parts for sale, and open Chris Craft discussion, sometimes we mildly diverge. The page is an open group now
- Glassic Boatworks - http://glassicboatworks.com/ Member and ex. Club Governor Lee Dahlen is specializing in Maintenance and Restoration of "Glassic" yachts.
Hagerty Marine Insurance www.hagertymarine.com Call 800-762-2628 or email email@example.com.
- Heritage Marine Insurance http://www.heritagemarineinsurance.com/index.html, 1-800-959-3047 toll free Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ask for Lynn Callahan. Recommended by Quentin, Rick Traskos
Consumer Affairs Boat Insurance Reviews https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/boat-insurance/
- Active Captain https://activecaptain.com/: By clicking on The Interactive Cruising Guidebook tab a user is taken to the heart of the ActiveCaptain website, the online cruising guidebook. Click this tab to access tens of thousands of marinas, anchorages, hazards, local knowledge information, as well as, tens of thousands of reviews from other boaters geographically on NOAA charts, satellite images, or street maps. Free registration. No other tool has the quantity or quality of information available to boaters. Recommended by Clint Cheveallier
The Chris Craft Antique Boat Club (CCABC) - our wood-boat brethren who helped the CCCC get started - and continue to be very supportive. http://www.chris-craft.org/ Don't miss the CCABC's excellent resource/links page: http://www.chris-craft.org/links.php
- Mariner's Museum Library at Christopher Newport University in Newport News Virginia contains the largest collection of marine artifacts in the Western Hemisphere. The Chris Craft Corporation entrusted the records for YOUR boat to "The Mariners". http://www.marinersmuseum.org/library/#chris-craft
- The Antique and Classic Boat Society http://www.acbs.org/
To bring people together with a common interest in historic, antique and classic boats, sharing fellowship, information, experience and exchange of ideas.
Chris Craft Stingers http://www.chriscraftstingers.com/index.html
This website was created specifically with the intention of documenting Chris-Craft Stingers built between 1982 - 1989, and includes the following pages: history, for sale, forums, newsletters, models, registry, parts, gallery, HIN decode
Articles and Videos
- Marine How To is the go-to site for DIY boat owners to find in depth, step-by-step articles for maintenance, upgrades and to find brutally honest insight from marine industry professionals. https://marinehowto.com/
- Over 180 Online Articles On Buying, Owning and Maintaining a Boat or Yacht by David Pascoe, Marine Surveyor (Retired) http://www.yachtsurvey.com/articleslist.htm
- Maintenance, Repairs and Troubleshooting by David Pascoe Marine Surveyor (Retired) http://www.yachtsurvey.com/maitenance.htm Browse Articles on: Sinking - Bilge Pumps - Batteries - Electrical Systems -Window Leaks - Deck Leaks - Corrosion - Fuel Tanks - Engines - Rotten Wood Structures - Hardware Attachment - Painting Fiberglass and More.
- Marine Engines – Articles by David Pascoe, Marine Surveyor (Retired) http://www.yachtsurvey.com/engines.htm Browse Articles More on Performance Diesels, Comparing Diesel Types, Diesel Engines, Power Options Gas vs Diesel, Gas -vs- Diesel - Part II, Gas Engines, Drive System Alignment, Problems with Engine and Shaft Alignment, Exhaust Risers
Learn the Ropes The way you handle your lines on your boat says a lot about the kind of boater you are. Learn these techniques and knots and you’ll be showing the ropes to your crew and dockmates in short order. Learn the right way to manage lines and tie knots here (including demonstration videos!). ▶
United States Power Squadrons has launched its new Digital Media Library online and as a free mobile app.
All digital media in the library is offered to the public at no charge. Users can sign up to be notified when new material is added to the library and to request information about particular boating topics.
“USPS DML videos target today’s recreational boaters who can benefit from timely reminders of safe boating practices and skills,” said Marty Lafferty, USPS DML project manager. “Boat operators can bookmark DML videos of most value to them for playback on their tablets or smartphones just before engaging in boat maneuvers.”
To access the material, visit uspsdml.org. You can also subscribe to the USPS DML YouTube channel and check out videos and behind the scenes content at the USPS DML Facebook page or follow USPS DML on Twitter.
Alphabetical Listing of Topics
Acrylic Sheeting - Marine
The Cutting Board Factory - http://thecuttingboardfactory.com/ 877-527-8424 Talk to Joe. 10% discount for Commander Club members
Marine-AC.com - http://marine-ac.com/
Ocean Breeze - http://www.oceanbreezeac.com/
Aluminum Fuel Tanks
Ezell Industries - http://www.ezellindustries.com/ - recommended by Greg Gajcak
Anchor Light Lens
- For Jetson light on 31' - Jim Staib has them at www.finewoodboats.com 815-344-WOOD. he was very helpful in locating the part. Recommended by John Bennett. E-mail: email@example.com
Johnson OpTec, Berkley MI, 248-541-0914 - recommended by Dennis Bosak
Only independent Binocular repair place between New York and Chicago.
Boat Naming Ceremonies
Here are some websites that have Boat renaming ceremony procedures:
- Boat Naming and Renaming Ceremonies
Cabinet Door Keepers, holders, catches, buttons, etc
- Perko - http://www.perko.com/
- Chetco Marine - http://www.chetcomarine.com/cabinethardware.aspx
- Stan the old hardware man - http://www.stantheoldhardwareman.com/ Selling discontinued and current Amerock hardware. Stock includes: cabinet pulls, cabinet knobs, cabinet hinges, backplates, catches, some bath hardware, carriage house items including switchplates, etc., etc., etc., even some lockset parts and lockset latches. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Phone: 601-857-8443
Carpet - snap in style - marine
- Snap in Carpet - www.snapincarpet.com
- Motor City Carburetor, St. Clair Shores, MI, Bruce Beattie 586-443-8048; email@example.com recommended by Mike H https://www.facebook.com/MotorCityCarburetorLLC/
- Mike's Carburetor Parts - Carburetor Kits & Parts - http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Marine_c_29.html
- Walker Products - http://www.walkerproducts.com/ Paul Mathias got Carter AVS parts for 350Q (part # 6117 or # 4695 possibly)
- Daytona Parts - https://daytonaparts.com/ suggested by Tim Toth
Carburetors - Carter
- Total Performance, Clinton Twp. MI - 586-468-3673 ask for John or Dave - recommended by Chris Benedict
- Larry Isgro, Long Island NY , 516-783-1041 - recommended by Joe Marino
- The Carburetor Doctor - http://www.carbkitsource.com/
- Carburetor Shop - http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/ - recommended by Dick Morland; Owner died in 2016, wife suggested Diego and his number is 714-973-0555. Diego has been working on carbs for 20 years.
- Cliff Ruggles 740-397-2921 http://cliffshighperformance.com/ He is in Mt Vernon Ohio, and does use marine grade ethanol resistant gaskets and o rings . Tell him its a marine application , let him do his thing , and bolt it back on your intake and forget about it ! Tell him Tom Kossmann sent you ! He is my friend as well as my carburator guru ! lol
Carburetors - Rochester Quadrajets
Carburetor Shop - http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/ - recommended by Dick Morland; Owner died in 2016, wife suggested Diego and his number is 714-973-0555. Diego has been working on carbs for 20 years.
Carbs Only - http://www.carbsonly.com/carbs/carbsrbldkits.htm - recommended by Dick Morland
- Bowen Carburetor http://www.bowencarburetor.com recommended by Rob Schiller
- Cliff Ruggles 740-397-2921 http://cliffshighperformance.com/ Tell him its a marine application recommended by Tom Toth
Chrome deck hardware
Perko - http://www.perko.com/
Chrome Plating Companies
- A-W Custom Chrome owner Steve Box - MI - 586-775-2040 A-W Custom Chrome, Inc.
(586) 775-2040; 17726 E. Nine Mile Rd., East Pointe, MI 48021
Talk to Steve or Brian Box firstname.lastname@example.org
- B & L Plating, Inc - MI -586- 778-9300 recommended by Char Pike
- Rod Graves, AL - email@example.com recommended by Wilson Wright CCABC
Call us at (256) 764-9487
Fini Finish- MI - FRANKB@FINI-FINISH.COM (586) 758-0050 recommended by Chris Benedict
- Hanlon Plating http://www.hanlonplating.com/index.php Richmond, VA recommended by Quentin
- It's Finished - Charlotte, NC -http://www.chromefinishes.com/ 704-882-6152 VQfirstname.lastname@example.org - recommended by Lee Dahlen
- New England Chrome Plating Inc - http://www.newenglandchrome.com/ Toll free: (866) 528-7176
Custom Chrome Plating https://www.customchromeplating.com/ 963 Mechanic St, Grafton, OH 44044, Phone: (440) 926-3116 - recommended by Jeremy Goldstein, Tim Toth, Matt Cowles
- https://www.courtesymetalpolishing.com/ 735 N Addison Rd, Villa Park, IL (630) 832-1862 recommended by Chris Orphal
Crusader Engine Manuals - http://www.crusaderengines.com/Owners%20Info/manuals.html
Curtain Tracks and Hangers
- Recmar - http://www.recmar.com/curtain-tracks/index.htm 1-888-4RECMAR
Cushions, covers and vinyl: Online ordering and pricing:
- Efoamstore - http://www.efoamstore.com/
Custom Decals, Labels & Nameplates:
- Metalmarker Mfg. - http://www.metalmarkermfg.com/ Online support and quick turnaround.
- http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/marine-bearings/cutless-bearings recommended by Quentin
- Performance Distributors - Marine DUI distributors http://performancedistributors.com/product/marine-dui-distributors/
- Mallory distributor re-build service recommended by Tim Toth http://www.vannessengineering.com/parts.php
- DAVE's small-body HEI's http://www.davessmallbodyheis.com/ - a service that converts older American engine point type distributors to one of three different electronic ignition specifications - small-body HEI, MSD Trigger Only, and EFI-HEI Conversions
- Plas-Tec - http://plasteccorp.com/ replace broken drawer slide pieces with the original parts for 35 Commander and maybe others. They were the OEM supplier to Chris Craft from back in the era our Commanders were made . Recommended by Tim Toth.
- Surplus Unlimited - http://www.surplusunlimited.com/ All types of boat parts, boating accessories, both new and surplus. We carry SeaStar, Teleflex-Morse steering and controls plus much more
- Classic Boat Connection (427 color) http://www.classicboatconnection.com/
- Southern Crown Boatworks http://www.southerncrownboatworks.com
- Robert Henkel http://www.chris-craft-parts.com
- Marine Parts - http://www.marineparts.com/ recommended by Lee Dahlen
- Harpur's Marine Engines - http://www.harpursmarine.com/
- Sea-Way Marine in WA- https://www.seawaymarine.com/collections/chris-craft
- 427 Engine Parts Sources 2015
- MarineEngineParts.com - http://www.marineengineparts.com/ recommended by Roger Zavacki. They have pages of cooling parts for the Mercruiser 454s
- Georges Discount Auto Parts - 22420 Harper Avenue, Saint Clair Shores MI 48080 (586) 774-5730 - For those that are seeking hard to find engine parts such as points, cap or rotor, voltage regulator etc.
- CUMMINS DIESEL PARTS - Used, Rebuilt, New VT8370M, V8300M, V903M, V555M. Phone: (954) 321-6863 recommended by Jim Rivas
- CD's Engine Service, Hudsonville MI - 616.662.1553 - http://www.cdsengine.com recommended by Matt Peterson
- Knights Auto, Commerce Township MI - 248-363-4157 recommended by Dave Lendzion
- Michigan Motorz, Madison Heights MI - http://www.michiganmotorz.com/
- Total Performance, Clinton Township (Mt. Clemens), MI. 810-560-3918. Or (586) 468-3673 Ask for John Vameerish . 427 FE rebuilds if closed cooling. Recommended by Chris Benedict.
Exhausts - replacement for boats:
- Marine Exhaust - http://www.marine-exhaust.com/
- Marine Exhaust Systems of Alabama http://www.mesamarine.com/vernalift.html ; http://www.mesamarine.com/
Fabrics - Marine and supplies; all kinds on-line.
- Great Lakes Fabric Inc - http://www.glfi.com/index.html
- Scotties Canvas and Marine Outfitters - http://www.fabricsandvinyls.com
Fasteners - marine and maintenance supplies
- Jamestown Distributors - http://www.jamestowndistributors.com : Jamestown Distributors is an industry leader in marine and building supplies. . In our 40,000 square foot warehouse we've got everything you need to maintain, restore and even build your own craft. The most important thing you'll find, however, is our team of boat lovers who really know their stuff. A big library of how-to documents and online tutorials.
- McMaster - Carr - http://www.mcmaster.com/ : Fasteners, piping, sealing, valves over 510,000 products
- Top Notch Fasteners - http://tnfasteners.com/index.html We offer many types of fasteners in may different alloys including Bronze Fasteners, Bronze Wood Screws, Bronze Nuts, Bronze Washers,, Bronze Bolts, Monel 400, K500, Inconel 600, 625, 718, Penta Heads, Deck Screws, Self Tapping Screws, Machine Screws, Nuts, Washers, Pins All in Stainless, Chrome Plated Screws, Stat Bronze Screws, and other Domestic Wood Screws. Silicon Bronze
Flooring, Marine and vinyl products
- Defender is also a big-name discounter: http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1|10918&id=311409 (this link is to decko dot product)
Fresh water tanks:
- Ronco Plastics - http://www.ronco-plastics.com/
- Kehrig Mfg - custom made tanks http://www.kehrigmetalfab.com/Marine%20Fuel%20Tanks.htm Chesterfield, MI recommended by Mike H
For 350 Q - Van Ness Engineering Ridgewood, NJ. 201-445-8685 recommended by Matt Taylor
- Then and Now Automotive 781-335-1579 http://then-now-auto.com/ Rebuild kits, will rebuild yours recommended by several Commander owners
- TESSCO Technologies Incorporated call them and talk to Carrie.. Call (800) 472-7373 BE SURE TO TELL THEM YOUR FROM THE CCCC! An
get the discount!!
Bussman AGU series glass fuses that we have on our boats.. these are the AGU 13/32" X 1 1/2" size or about 3/8" x 1 1/2"
- StopWater Gasket http://stopwatergasket.com/ replacement rubber gaskets that fit the Chris-Craft 20 inch square hatches common to the Commanders. Also gaskets for some portholes. Owned by club member Jim Ferriss
- Amazon listing for RV Marine Flexible Cove Molding - Flexible reverse cove molding for around the helm https://commanderclub.com/forum/topics/1967-42-commander-helm-gasket-material
Gauges - Marine - restorers - Chris Craft and other:
- Kocian Instruments http://www.kocianinstruments.com/ Phone 651-968-6566
- Kocian Instruments - New Owner article
- Clawson Classic Instruments http://www.markclawson.com/
- Williamson's Instruments http://www.williamsons.com/ recommended by Scott Bowlick
- Fiberlay, Inc. 1468 Northgate Blvd, Sarasota, Fl. 34234 941-923-8112 Sales: Brandon Pentsa https://www.fiberlay.com/ 800.942.0660 / Email US: SALES@FIBERLAY.COM recommended by Philip McBride
- Michigan Generator Service - http://www.michigenerator.com/ recommended by Char Pike
- Mayfair Power Systems , New York - http://www.mayfairpower.com/home.htm recommended by Bill Zeller
- Onan Rebuilding - http://onanrebuilding.com
- Advanced Service and Parts - http://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/ recommended by David Schueckler
- H.G. Makelin - California - 800-471-0590
- David Lawrence- Kansas- 785-798-3333
- Onan and Cummins Generator Manuals Repositories http://onan.xmsi.net/ and http://www.skilledcrafting.com/onanfiles/
Hardware - stainless steel, custom made vents and other parts
- Jim Mathis Marine Reproductions, Algonac MI, 810-794-7231, 810-794-4318
GROCO 450 MARION QUIMBY DR STEVENSVILLE MD 21666 PHONE 410-604-3800 FAX 443-249-4030 http://www.groco.net/svc-main.htm
Heat Exchangers and Oil Coolers
- Lenco - http://lencocoolers.com/
- Sen-dure http://www.sen-dure.com/Sen-DureCatalog.pdf
Note: Garelick has discontinued these. Model numbers are to help with internet searches for used.
Garelick - http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=40116
Garelick seat hardware http://www.garelick.com/Side-Mount-Helmsmen-Seat-Hardware Model 75055
Model Numbers for seats
•New Sewn Cushions Offer Contemporary Styling
•Available in Your Choice of Four Widths
•Mounts to Box or Side Coaming
•Included Hardware Allows Seat to Fold Up for Access Below Deck
Knobs and dials:
- Mouser Electronics
- Laser Cut Maps Nautical Charts http://www.somelikeityacht.net/map-photos/ ; https://www.facebook.com/lasercutcharts/ Club Member Rick Lubbers
- Feilhauers Machine Shop Inc http://www.feilhauers.com/Home.html
421 Industrial Dr., Harrison, Ohio 45030, Office: (513) 202-0545 e-mail to: email@example.com Glenn is a Commander owner and member of the club
- https://www.marinemachining.com/ Marine Machining & Manufacturing - shafts, props, strut and rudder recondition, straightening and more
- Mahogany Veneer - African Ribbon Striped http://www.oakwoodveneer.com/mahogany-veneer-african-ribbon-striped.html
Manifolds and Risers
- Hi Tec - stainless steel Every manifold and riser is fabricated and hand welded by highly trained and experienced staff. Made in Australia. for 427's. http://www.american-hi-tek.com/ , http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/, http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/ford.htm
- Marine Manifold Corp. http://www.marinemanifoldcorp.com/ Paul is a Commander owner. Recommended by Dan Gorecki and Jeremy Goldstein.
Crow Custom Cast Welding Hudson, WI http://www.castmetalwelding.com/
They have a lot of experience repairing the wonderful "Q" intake manifolds. Recommended by Lon Lehman.
Marine Transport Companies
- Lemmonds Marine Transport. Tega Cay, SC - 803- 548- 7380 recommended by Lee Dahlen
- Michigan Boat Cartage - Erv Unger, 586- 773-1000 recommended by Bob Koss
- National Yacht Transport - Debbie and Dwight Riggleman 715-594-3040, 651-338-7447 recommended by Kyle Kragenbring
- American Marine Transport, Mike Petix, 586-615-3251 recommended by John Kloka
- Hurricane Marine Transit http://www.hurricanemtinc.com/ recommended by Lon Lehman
- S and K Yachts in Oklahoma 918.527.9595 ask for Bob recommended by Brian Yansen
- Sea Wise Hauling Bay City, MI 989-903- 5911 https://www.seawisehauling.com
- Cove Point Marine Service, Deal MD;800-742-1301 or 410-867-6290 recommended by Dave DiSesa or contact Denise 410-474-9783 firstname.lastname@example.org recommended by Lee Dahlen and Jeff Pacy
- Sterling Marine, Frank (856) 689 2385. He has a hydraulic trailer for ease of move and topnotch equipment. Recommended by Jim Kenyon
- Jim Mitchell - MEI Transport in Milwaukee, WI (262) 895-6674 http://www.uship.com/profile/meiyacht/ recommended by Dale Baker
- Smizer Boat hauling in NJ, Give a call, He travels all over and if he has something close by, He is Great on Pricing...856 456 4466 recommended by Rob Simiriglio
- JC Marine Services 954-501-9350 recommended by Reed Martin
- Performance Driven movers out of Pensacola. Tyler: 850-602-3116 or 850-791-4149. Tell him the brothers with the 30 Penn Yan from Panama City to Pensacola sent you :) recommended by Bradford
- Lockview Marine in Cayuga, NY . (315)255-2936 They were excellent people and they know this business VERY well recommended by Mark J Terry Sr
Whealon Towing https://www.whealontowing.com/boat-hauling recommended by Steve Riley
- Kehrig Manufacturing http://www.kehrigmetalfab.com/index.htm Chesterfield, MI (586) 949-9610 recommended by Mike H and Brian Barton
Noise and vibration control for boats:
- Soundown - http://www.soundown.com/
Old-fashioned marine/chandlery equipment and supplies
- Hamilton Marine - http://www.hamiltonmarine.com/
Paint - Copper Bottom
- Sandusky Paint Company has the Chris Craft Copper Bronze bottom paint - $100 per quart as of 2018 part # 960• 419-626-2461 Recommended by Dick Morland http://www.sanpaco.com/Bottom%20Paints
- Pettit 1933 Copper Bronze Roughly 208/gallon as of 2018. Recommended by Lee Dahlen
- Johnny's Propeller Service –
- an authorized distributor of all Michigan Wheel, Federal and HyTorq Propellers. https://www.johnnyspropellerservice.com/
- Henry H. Smith & Company http://www.henrysmith.com/ Carries many brands of propellers - -Dymex Propellers, Michigan Wheel Pleasure Propellers, Hy-Torq Propellers, Commercial Propellers, Ski Boat Propellers
- US Propeller Service. Troutman NC. 704-528-9515 - recommended by Lee Dahlen.
Range/Stove - Princess, Kenyon
Your Princess electric range is now made by SEAWARD Products by Whale. Their website is : http://www.whalepumps.com/marine/ Seaward by Whale has been manufacturing quality marine appliances for over 30 years. They still service original ranges and cooktops through Sure Marine based in Seattle. Seaward also bought out Kenyon.
Sure Marine Service Center - http://suremarine.com/ (800)562-7797
Rubber Trim Inserts
- Bryan Huntley can be reached at email@example.com
419-625-4514 Cost $1.25 per foot
Seals - doors, hatches, windows
- Steele Rubber Marine - https://marine.steelerubber.com/
Service and Maintenance Facilities Locator - http://www.marinalife.com/services/service.cfm
- Marinalife launched an online service and maintenance locator with detailed information on boatyards and repair yards. Boaters can search by city, state, and facility name or use advanced search to filter by type of repair or specific services.
States included in their database:
Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin
- Walter Gear : http://www.waltergear.com/psc.htm
- Deep Blue Yacht Supply custom made shafts http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/shaftguide.aspx recommended by Jeff Vail
- Marine Machining https://www.marinemachining.com recommended by Mike H
Sherwood Pump Parts
- Depco Pump Company - http://www.depcopump.com/marine.htm
- Sherwood Pump data sheets - http://www.depcopump.com/datasherwood.htm
- Sherwood Pumps - http://www.sherwoodpumps.com/en-us/ 800-471-0460
- Marine Diesel Parts - http://marinedieselparts.com/ recommended by Jim Meyer
SLICK STRIP 1/32 inch
for 42 salon door, maybe door walls, maybe window tracks
http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Slick_Strips also try amazon.com
Sliding Glass Door
- DK Hardware http://www.dkhardware.com/sliding-glass-door-hardware_ZC90M0P1.html 877-509-8040 Be sure to connect with customer service. Recommended by James Munsey
Small Vessel Reporting System - U.S. Customs and Border Protection
This web site works best with Internet Explorer. Other web browsers may not function correctly. Scripting, cookies and TLS 1.0 must be enabled in your browser settings.
- Acoustiblok Inc. 6900 Interbay Blvd, Tampa, FL 33616 Ph: 813.980.1400 x225 Contact: Paul Getts http://www.acoustiblok.com/ recommended by Heath Trerice
- Sounddown http://www.soundown.com/index_Marine.htm recommended by Byron Smith
- L. B. Harvey in Miami We maintain the most complete inventory of ITT Jabsco searchlight replacement parts in the Western Hemisphere.
- Iva-Lite http://www.ivalite.com/ Dick Sligh (firstname.lastname@example.org ) recommended by Greg Beardmore
- L. B. Harvey in Miami several members have recommended
- Interlight - https://www.interlight.biz/ had 32v for one mile ray recommended by Quentin
- Bulbworks - https://www.bulbworks.com/light-bulbs/976 recommended by Lewis Perrault
- Bulb Town http://www.bulbtown.com/36_VOLT_LIGHT_BULBS_s/398.htm
- replacementlightbulbs.com GE Model 1020. It is a 65 watt bulb instead of the original 72, but this will result in a minimal difference. http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp1020.html recommended by Chris Wickersham
- Jim Mathis Marine Reproductions Custom Made Stainless Hardware. In Algonac, MI; He can be reached at 810-794-7231, 810-794-4318
Strataglass and std clear vinyl resources:
- Scalise Marine - http://www.scalisemarine.com look under Canvas and Materials
- American Marine Survey – Bill Novak Bonita Springs, Florida formerly of Harrison Twp. MI 586-463-2400 email@example.com recommended by Char Pike
- Matt Morman HarrisonTwp, MI 586-469-3898 recommended by Char Pike http://www.mormanmarinesurveyors.com/
- C. Harvey Thompson Ansonia, CT. 203- 735-5229 recommended by Bob Koss
- Jim Dias, C.M.S. Accredited Marine Surveyors 800- 426- 2825 recommended by Peter Fox
- Les Salliotte Wyandotte, MI 734- 283- 8618
- Denis Biel Macomb County, MI 586-219-7219 recommended by Mike H
- Dennis A Parsons, SAMS, AMS.Port Austin MI, 866-799-2628.. cell 248-761-2636 http://www.interstatemarinesurvey.com/
- Quality Marine Survey Co. Harrison Twp. Ray Dezenszi, SAMS, AMS, 810-468-3324
Directory of Marine Surveyors with links to The National Association of Marine Surveyors (NAMS) and the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (SAMS) are professional organizations that have instituted rigorous examination programs for their membership.
Swim platforms and related equipment:
- Butler Marine - http://www.butlermarine.com/
Switches and Electrical Products
- Cole Hersee Products - https://www.littelfuse.com/industries/commercial-vehicle/cole-hersee.aspx?utm_source=colehersee.com&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=colehersee-lf
Tach cable replacement:
- Speedometer Solutions - http://www.speedometersolutions.com/
- Alto Products Corporation: http://www.altousa.com
Alto Marine Catalog - Marine Friction Material and Transmission Parts.pdf Borg Warner, Hurth, Paragon and more.
- Borg Warner transmission repair: Ron Holloway SeaAirRon@bellsouth.net Phone 305-608-6083
- Federal Marine Transmissions: http://www.federalmarinetransmissions.com/ 708-352-2200 Recommended by Carman Beech
- Grand Rapids Transmission Service ask for Ryan https://grandrapidstransmission.com/ recommended by Glenn Woudenberg
- Kalamazoo Marine Gears - http://www.kalamazoomarinegear.com/ recommended by Jack Klerk and others
- Marine Gears: http://www.marinegears.com/ new and rebuilt transmissions, new, used, obsolete, and rebuilt transmission parts. Velvet Drive by Borg-Warner, Hurth Marine Transmissions, Capitol Marine Transmissions, ZF Marine Transmissions
Paragon Power, Talk to Mark Waite.
- Paragon Marine by Great Lakes Power - http://paragonmarine.com/
- Paragon transmission parts sources:
Trim Molding, metal
Drip edge molding trim with holes for draining: Kens Hardware in Gulfport, Mississippi.228-864-5545 or 228 863 8564 talk to Josh cell# 228-343-3053, $100.00 for a 12' piece. Wholesaler Donovan Marine. Perfect fit for 38 sedan with a bridge. Recommended by Michael Smith in 2013
Upholstery and vinyl - do it yourself:
- Sailrite - http://www.sailrite.com/
- Allied Plastics, Inc., 3203 South Ave.. Toledo, OH 43609, 419-389-1688. Recommended by Mike Schrage. He took in the old one as a template.
- Stellar Plastics Fabricating. 14121 Gratiot. Detroit MI 48205
(313)527-7337 Recommended by Patrick Arlington
Vinyl Lettering & Stripes: Put a new or fresh name on your Commander. Get ideas for custom lettering including hundreds of fonts. Online ordering and pricing:
- Sign Store USA - http://www.signstoreusa.com/vinyl_lettering.htm
- Speedy Signs - http://new.speedysigns.com/
- Java Signs - http://www.javasigns.com/lettering/boats
- Marine Graphics - https://marinegraphics.com/product/vinyl-boat-stripes/ Custom vinyl boat stripes and more recommended by Jeremy Goldstein
- Scott Pullin - 800.289.8787 ext. 3720, 574.876.6640 mobile, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beckson "Channel Mate" white plastic window tracks https://www.iboats.com/shop/beckson-channel-mate-double-window-track-1-4-x8.html OR http://www.beckson.com/channel.html Recommended by Keith Ferrio http://commanderclub.com/forum/topics/window-track-1
Window Track Inserts
Meccom Industrial Products Co. (Skip Bearance), 22797 Morelli Drive,
Clinton Twp., MI 48036 (586) 463-2828 Part: Plastic Insert for Cooper Standard Window Channel (P/N #75000120) Price: $0.75/ft Recommended by Matt Cowles
Window Spline Material Rubber
- Blaine Window Company - http://www.blainewindow.com/BWH0022.php?selectpart=GSMISC2 recommended by Dave Krugler
- Slide Company - http://www.slide-co.com/home4.wcs?nMenuid=0 Enter glazing spline in the search box of the Slide-Co website, they have nearly 700 styles
- SealPro SealStrip® Rubber Glass Setting Tape - http://stanpro.com/rgstape.aspx
- CRL Gray Universal Glazing Spline - 100' Roll GS301C recommended by Glenn Woudenberg
- Swisco Company - brush type stripping -
- SealPro self sealing weatherstrips - http://www.cooperstandardperformance.com/content/self-sealing-weatherstrips
- SealPro SealStrip® Rubber Glass Setting Tape - http://www.cooperstandardperformance.com/content/rubber-glass-setting-tape
- weatherstripping strips - foam or rubber https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rubber-weatherstripping-strips/=18hhx3g
- Window and Port Hole Seals https://marine.steelerubber.com/port-hole
- Allied Plastics, Inc., 3203 South Ave.. Toledo, OH 43609, 419-389-1688. Recommended by Mike Schrage. He took in the old one as a template.
Stellar Plastics Fabricating. 14121 Gratiot. Detroit MI 48205
(313)527-7337 Recommended by Patrick Arlington
Windshield opener - electric
- SKF Linear Actuator - http://www.skf.com/us/products/actuation-systems/linear-actuators/index.html
- Bennett Hatch lifting systems - http://bennetttrimtabs.com/hatchliftingsystems.php?cID=5
- https://www.firgelliauto.com/ recommended by Lewis Perrault
Windshield Wiper Parts Sources
- Discussion Forum Topic https://commanderclub.com/forum/topics/discussion-forum/listForCategory/DISCUSSION-FORUM/replacement-wiper-blades
- Windshield Wiper Parts Sources.pdf - article by Greg Gajcak that includes ideas about new motors.
- Wiper Arms - http://www.imtra.com/wipers-wiper-arms.htm recommended by Greg Gajcak. Also refer to discussion forum http://commanderclub.com/forum/topics/wiper-arms
- Windshield Wiper Systems and Parts -http://www.clevelandignition.com/windshield-wiper-systems.htm recommended by John BrockSee this discussion
- AM EQUIPMENT http://store.amequipment.com/windshield-wiper-arms-c-3.html?osCsid=deee0445306ac80ca290992a7f285080 recommended by Jim Frens
- Pleasure Boat Marine Products http://www.pleasureboatmarine.com/imtra-marine-marine-wipers.html
- http://boatzincs.com/ recommended by Kevin McKinnon
- https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/boat-zinc-anodes recommended by Robert Schepis
Looking for your Next Commander?
Check out our Classifieds section
Marine-Related links for fun surfing!
- The Mother of all Maritime Links - http://www.boat-links.com/boatlink.html#top
John’s nautical links list has 115 categories of all things nautical
- Abbreviations Guide (Alphabet Soup) http://www.pbps.us/civic/info/alphasoup.html
- The Chris Craft Antique Boat Club (CCABC) - our wood-boat brethren who helped the CCCC get started - and continue to be very supportive. http://www.chris-craft.org/
Don't miss the CCABC's excellent resource/links page: http://www.chris-craft.org/links.php
- The Library at the Mariner's Museum in Newport News Virginia contains the largest collection of marine artifacts in the Western Hemisphere. The Chris Craft Corporation entrusted the records for YOUR boat to "The Mariners". http://www.mariner.org/library/chris-craft
- How to Library by iboats: http://www.iboats.com/basics/index.html
- MyBOATSGear.com: http://www.myboatsgear.com/
dedicated to supplying a "one-stop" location for impartial and reliable marine equipment reviews and "how-to" articles. With over 2800 articles currently posted, this free resource is designed to help any boater navigate the extensive array of marine products on the market. Includes technical articles, product reviews, used equipment, video
Original Commander Brochures:
- Tired of old boats? Go here to buy a new Chris-Craft: The reborn Chris Craft Corporation! http://www.chriscraft.com/
- Classic Yacht online magazine, www.classicyachtmag.com