Posting Photos - Introduction
Our site provide multiple ways to share photos:
- Share individual photos using our photo library
- Share photos that you already stored and shared via Flickr
- Share photos as a part of a discussion forum post
- Share photos taken with your smart phone or tablet
- Share photos using e-mail
1. Sharing photos using Photo Library
To share photos stored on your computer:
- Locate Photo Library under the Library tab in the top navigation menu.
- Click the +Add Photo link
- Click the big red Add Photos button.
- Locate the photo on your hard drive and double click on it.
- Click the +Add More link if you want to post more photos.
- When you are done selecting photos to share; click Upload
- Fill in a title and a description. This is important since people looking at the photo usually want some texted proof of what they are looking at.
- Optionally you can group the photos together in an album.
- Click Save.
2. Sharing photos using your Flickr account
Flickr is a popular photo sharing service provided by Yahoo. If you already have a Flickr or Yahoo account you can import photos from Flickr right into an album on our site:
- Locate Photo Library under the Library tab in the top navigation menu
- Click the +Add button.
- Click the Flickr logo.
- Click Continue to Flickr and follow the on screen instructions
- If your Flickr photos already have text description be sure to check the box that will import those too.
- Click Get photos.
3. Sharing photos using a discussion post
You can insert photos into a discussion post. Click here for instructions.
What is the difference between sharing via the Library and the Forum?
Inserting a photo in a forum post can greatly help in illustrating a point or a question you are making. "A photo speaks more than 1000 words..." However, photos shared this this way are short lived. Finding photos in a discussion post made maybe, three weeks ago or 6 months ago is often impossible.
Sharing photos via the Library is ideal if you want your photos to be easier to find and long lasting. Especially if you annotate them with a description and title that makes it possible to find via the search function. Many members also prefer browsing photos rather than discussion posts.
4. Share photos taken with your smartphone or tablet
You can use your smartphone (i.e.phones like iPhone, Samsung Galaxy) or tablet (i.e. iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab) to take a photo and post it directly to our Photo Library. The easiest way is by using a specific mobile version of our site:
- Open the web browser in your smart phone or tablet (called Safari or Chrome)
- Type in this address commanderclub.ning.com/m Notice the "m" at the end. If you discard the "m" (for mobile) you will not get the mobile version of the site.
- Click on the Menu button to the right of the Commander Club headline
- Click on Photos
- Click on the + symbol in the lower right hand corner
- Follow the on screen instructions. Don't forget to input a title and description!
Note: Fees may apply from your phone service provider or mobile internet provider. The Commander Club does not charge you anything for this service.
5. Sharing photos using e-mail
If you have problems sharing photos on your smartphone or tablet as described in section 4 above you can use this alternative way:
- Look for your name in the top headline in the right hand column of this page.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to the headline Mobile Uploads located towards bottom of the page.
- You will use the e-mail address provided to post photos. The Address will look something like this: JoeDoe12345689012@commanderclub.ning.com
- For further instructions refer to your device's manual on how to e-mail photos.
Notes: The information you type in the mail's Subject field will be used as the name for the photo. Fees may apply from your phone service provider or mobile internet provider. The Commander Club does not charge you anything for this service.